Thursday, February 9, 2012

Life in the country

I´m still having a great time, even though life in the country is always, constantly, work. Today I spent three hours with two people cutting logs and piling them, so there would be enough wood to keep us warm in the uninsulated house.

Life in the country is great, I don´t even mind the mice in the house, but it´s seriously cold. Okay okay, it´s not MINNESOTA cold, but it´s Spain cold, and without a MINNESOTA INSULATED house. Which means that I can actually feel a gust of wind blowing over me while I¨m brushing my teeth in my stocking feet. Which I no longer run around the house in anymore, because i´m freezing my A·% off.

It´s cold, but that´s cool. It´s still amazing fun to scamper up the mountain. Which is one of those types of fun where it´s super fun to say you did it, especially after, but during the scampering part it´s actually more like a ¨my chest is pounding so hard I can hear my heart in my ears, if they weren´t filled with the sound of whipping, howling wind¨ but at least I can know in my heart that it´s good for my health. If it doesn´t actually kill me first.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment